In Literacy this week we have been…….
- Writing – drafting an introduction for our own non-chronological report on Africa
- Using our homework and collecting ideas from it ready to write the main part of our report.
- Reading – making inferences on the basis of what is being said and done within a story.
- Spellings – Continuing to spell the Year 2 Common Exception words correctly in everyday writing.
- Make inferences about stories read at home
- At home you could….
- Continue to Explore SPAG
- Practise weekly spellings
In Maths this week we have been…….
- Telling the time in 30 and 15 minute intervals (quarter past, quarter to and half past)
- Writing and drawing the correct time
- Telling the time in 1 minute and 5 minute intervals
- Reading digital and analogue times
- Solving problems involving time….e.g: If the time is 3.45pm what will it be in 2 hours later?
At home you could……
- Continue to use TT Rockstars and Mathletics.
- Continue to explore Mathletics.
Investigate clocks around the home and encourage time telling