In Maths this week we have been…….
- Recognising ¼, ½, ¾ of shapes.
- Learning about thirds of shapes.
- Finding fractions of amounts.
- To show workings out when finding fractions of amounts and to explain my findings.
- Consolidating understanding of finding halves of numbers in order to help us find a quarter of a number.
At home you could……
- Continue to use TT Rockstars and Mathletics.
- Continue to explore Mathletics.
- Explore halving numbers and doubling numbers.
In Literacy this week we have been…….
- Writing – Continuing to look at the features of a Non-Chronological Report
Highlighting key information e.g. Title, Opening Statement, Sub-headings, Closing Statement, Technical Language, Present tense, Possessive Apostrophes and Contractions)
- Reading – Making predictions about what may happen in a story and to give valid reasons about the predictions based on the information provided
- Make predictions about the stories read
- At home you could…..
- Spellings – Continuing to spell the Year 2 Common Exception words correctly in everyday writing.
- Continue to Explore SPAG
- Practise weekly spelling
This week we have been:
- Locating Kenya on the map of Africa.
- Looking at where it lies in relation to the Equator.
- Comparing the weather in Kenya to that of England and giving possible reasons for our findings.
- Using ICT to find facts about Kenya including images to enable us to build a picture of what Kenya is really like.
- Sharing wonderful homework. We do still have many children who have not brought their homework in. We will be sharing again next week, so it is not too late!!!