In Literacy this week we have been…….
- Writing –
Learning a Non-Chronological Report about England.
Looking at the features of a Non-Chronological Report (Title, Opening Statement, Sub-headings and Closing Statement)
Learning about Paragraphs, when they are used and how they help to make an effective writer.
- Reading – Using non-fiction books to find information about Africa.
- Spellings –Spelling the Year 2 Common Exception words correctly in everyday writing.
- At home you could…..
- Continue to explore SPAG
In Maths this week we have been…….
- Identifying the operation for division and understanding what division means.
- Using number lines to solve division problems.
- Identifying important information within a division problem in order to help solve the problem.
- Using objects to share equally into groups and recording findings pictorially with the correct sum sentences.
- Using Numicon to introduce ‘remainders’ (How many are left?)
At home you could……
- Continue to use TT Rockstars and Mathletics.
- Share objects equally into groups and record findings using correct operations.
This week we have been:
- Using resources (globes, maps, books, Google, atlases) to find out information about Africa.
- Working with a partner to record information gathered and to then present findings to the rest of the class.
- Locating and mapping the 7 continents and 5 oceans of the World.
- Remember to send in the homework!!!