In Literacy this week we have been……
- Changing the words and rhymes of the familiar Nursery Rhyme ‘Row, row ,row your boat’ eg drive your car; float your ship. Children, can you remember any to share at home?
- Learning a new Text Map to persuade people to come to the Community Café.
- Looking at the features of persuasive leaflets- exciting pictures, positive language, maps and important information.
- Learning the different sounds that the letters oo make ie book; moon.
- At home you could……
- Revise all the spellings we have done this term. We will be having a test on all next week.
In Maths this week we have been…
- Using the + and = symbols to write calculations.
- Introducing the – symbol and looking at the four facts and the patterns we notice.
At home you could……
Look at the grid and take turns to draw a loop around numbers at are next to each other and make 10. Who can make the most loops?
- The numbers can be across, down or diagonal.
- A number can be used more than once.
- Sometimes there might be more than two numbers.