In Literacy this week we have been……
- Looking at the different parts of a Magical Disaster story-The Build Up- they find, or are given, a magical item that seems to solve all their problems.The Resolution- the problem gets sorted
- The Ending- all ends well
- Something goes wrong with the magic and it gets worse and worse!
- The Opening- we meet the main character and find out they have a problem:
- Planning our own stories based around the story of The Magic Porridge Pot, but using our own ideas for the different parts.
- Learning the different ways to make ee, – ea , e- e and looking for words with that spelling pattern.Make up your own Magical disaster stories.
- At home you could…… Make up your own Magical disaster story.
In Maths this week we have been…
- Investigating ways of counting accurately using Numicon pegs and plates to be accurate.
- Subitising to 6 and finding different ways to represent the same amount in dots, Numicon, fingers, numbers and words.
- Learning that you can make the same amount in different ways. Some people used the + symbol to explain.
- At home you could……Look at different ways the same amount is represented- dice, dominoes, cards, egg trays, asking the question what do you see?