In Literacy this week we have been……
- Writing our own stories about a Magic Item.How did you make the magic work? What happened when the magic worked?
- Where did you find it? How did you know it was magic?
- Learning our new Text for The Magic Porridge Pot, a magical disaster story.
- Making porridge and tasting it! Did you like it or not?
- Learning the different ways to make ai- ay , a- e and looking for words with that spelling pattern.
- Starting to read The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl as our class reader.
- At home you could……
- Look for other Magical Disaster stories or movies.
In Maths this week we have been…
- Investigating number lines and number patterns.
- Making number squares and number lines using Numicon- we got up to 40!
- Looking at the patterns we noticed
- Placing numbers on a blank number line with and without increments starting at different numbers
At home you could……
- Look for example of number lines in our environment- tape measures, scales,
- Look for examples of number patterns in our environment- door numbers,pages