In Literacy this week we have been…….
- Learning our Text Map for The Three Little Pigs story.
- Finding out what nouns are and learning the Person, Place or Thing song.
- Look up the Best Noun Song Ever on Youtube!
- Writing sentences focusing on full stops and capital letters. We practise saying them out loud first and using actions for where to put the capital letters and full stops.
At home you could……
- Help your child practise their weekly spellings using the Look/Cover/Write/Check method.
LOOK-at the word. Can you say the sounds you need? COVER the word up so you can’t see it.
WRITE the word. Try to remember the sounds you practised. CHECK- look at the word to see if you were correct
W/B 18.9.17 In Maths this week we have been……
- Ordering and identifying Numicon plates. We had to listen to the clues and then ask questions to work out which plate was in the Feely Bag.
- We played the ’One Push’ game using the Rekenreks The children had to reason and explain how they could show 1-10 using one push and not count. ‘9 is one less than 10 so I knew I pushed over all the beads over except one.’ ‘ I made 7 by pushing 5reds and 2 whites.’
- At home you could……
- Practise matching amounts, numerals and words and putting them in order. Close your eyes….. which one have I taken away? You could make this harder by closing the gap!