In Literacy this week we have been……
- Telling each other our holiday news thinking about the rules of listening.
- Reading “The Snail and the Whale” by Julia Donaldson.
- Writing noun phrases to stick onto pictures from the story.
- e.g golden sand, dark blue sea, hot volcano
- Adding verbs to our noun phrases.
- e.g enormous, blue whale SPLASHING
At home you could……
- Read other stories by Julia Donaldson
- What do you like? What is similar/different about each?
- Talk about nouns, adjectives and verbs and point them out in books
In Maths this week we have been……
- Using 0 – 9 cards to make 2 and 3 digit numbers and compare them .
- e.g What is the smallest/largest number you can make? How do you know?
- Using 3 related numbers to make 4 different calculations
- e.g 7+3=10, 3+7=10, 10-7=3, 10-3=7
- Learning about place value (Hundreds, Tens and Ones) by using arrow cards to make numbers over 100
At home you could……..
- Talk about numbers you see out and about and ask “What is that number made up of?” or “What does the 2 mean in 25?” etc
- Play number board games or card games and talk about the place value in the numbers