In Literacy this week we have been……
- Writing speech bubbles to match with the buses we made last week.
- Innovating a text map about why we like living in East Hunsbury.
- Writing an information text (hot task) about why we like living in East Hunsbury and trying to include our own new ideas.
- Focusing on using the phonic blends we know to attempt to spell new words.
- At home you could……
- Talk about the different features of the area in which you live. What do you like? What don’t you like? What would be even better?
- Play phonics games on the computer.
In Maths this week we have been……
- Learning how to double numbers using Numicon or counting equipment.
- Understanding that halving is the opposite of doubling (or a way of ‘undoing’ it)
- Recording our ideas about doubling and halving using + and x.
- E.g 5+5=10 5×2=10
- Introducing dividing as a way of halving
- At home you could……..
- Practise rapid recall of doubles to 20.
- Share numbers of objects between 2 people. Can you equally share an odd number? Why not?