In Literacy this week we have been……
- Writing our Cold Task about what we like about living in East Hunsbury.
- Using our 2 letters/1 sound mat to play I-spy sounds. We did this in our reading books and bus poems.
- A double-decker bus came to school. Mr Gill, the manager and David the driver showed us around and answered our questions. We then remembered the information and wrote it down to put on our display.
- At home you could……
- Look for 2 letters/1 sound in signs, posters, labels all around us. Eg Stage Coa/ch : paid cash
In Maths this week we have been……
- Counting in multiples of 2, 5 and 10 and looking for patterns on number lines and number squares.
- Using our counting to work out how many lots of.
- eg. 2 4 6 8 10
- so … 5 lots of 2 is 10 or 10 is 5 lots of 2
- Recording our findings using the x symbol
At home you could……..
- Find everyday situations when we use counting in multiples. Eg as a quick way to count coins, an amount of objects, pairs of seats on a bus, pairs of socks or shoes.
- Is 4×2 = 2×4? How can you prove this?