In Literacy this week we have been……
- Learning a new Text Map based on Meerkat Mail by EmilyGravett
- Collecting interesting vocabulary to use instead of went in our Text Map.
- The children thought of lots! –galloped, slithered, swung, cartwheeled, sneaked, tip toed and others.
- Learning new Geographic vocabulary – equator, hemisphere, Arctic, Antartica, globe, countries, continents, cities, capital cities, oceans.
- At home you could…
- Look at maps or globes. Can you find the Indian Ocean? The continent of Africa? The capital city of North America? The North Pole?
- Go on Google Earth to find places you have visited. What happens when you drop the yellow figure onto the map?
In Maths this week we have been……
- Working out the inverse for calculations involving two digit numbers.
- Ie. If I know 20+6 is 26 I also know that 26-6 =20 and 26-20=6
- Working out quick ways of counting large amounts by grouping them into 10s first then counting in 10s and adding any units.
At home you could……..
- Explain what you have found out.
- Ie.- when the tens are taken away it leaves the units : when the units are taken away it leaves the tens.
- Post some calculations on the blog showing what you have learned about 10s and Us.
- Practise counting objects by grouping them into 10s.